Sunday 8 January 2012

2012...

Over the festive period I got some shocking news which has made me stop and review what is important to me - my friends and family.  I have decided that I should be doing things which make me (and them) happy and that is my resolution for 2012.



I have been toying with the idea of giving up photography for a while and basically since I moved in my new house I think I have done only one or two shoots.  Its still a passion of mine and is always something I will do for me but I no longer feel the drive to pursue it so aggressively and let it dominate all my time.  There was a period when every weekend would be filled with photoshoots and as a result each evening I would be editing images until 11pm having worked all day as an engineer.  Those days are gone and I am learning to relax and loving doing up my house.

I spent this weekend down in Glasgow helping my amazing sister decorate her bedroom.  We painted it grey...pleased she is also loving grey!!

We were having a bit of a clear out and a trip to the recycling centre proved fruitful for me!!  I spied a traditional style wing back chair in amongst the unloved furniture and decided it would be perfect for my house!  I have been trying to find a chair to re-upholster but Ebay and its Pick Up Only pieces located in England is frustrating!!  So we piled this chair into the back of the car and off we went...


Love the studs on the back

I am yet to decide exactly where the chair will go (bay window in lounge or dining room), and therefore what colour it will be.  I wondered about doing it myself, I know somewhere which does upholstery classes.  But think this might be a difficult item to attempt as a beginner!!  So I am going to get some quotes from the professionals first.  Will keep you updated on the chair :-)

Next interior project will be stripping the wall paper in the hall (this could take weeks) and also making curtains for the dining room.  I have found another tartan fabric which I like so hopefully will be making a final decision soon.

2 comments:

  1. The chair is such a great find! I've been scouring ebay for one for ages but they are always too far away or end up going for crazy amounts! I'm excited to see what you do to it :)
    Rachelle x
    http://inspiredbytheretired.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachelle!! I have made one call to an upholstery company and its will be ££££ to pay someone to do it so I may attempt it myself!! I just bought curtain fabric for my dining room at the weekend so that will be my next project. XX

    ReplyDelete