Monday 12 September 2011

moving day

Moving date was 20th of June so naturally I started packing about 1 month in advance and trying to have a clear out at the same time :-)  I didn't plan things particularly well and ended up going on a holiday to NYC for a week prior to moving day.  It was my first visit to New York, and in fact the USA and I had a brilliant holiday.  This is one of my favourite snaps. 


Manhattan at night as viewed from Brooklyn

Anyway, back to interiors...Moving day arrived and luckily it was sunny (always a gamble in Aberdeen) so no rain wrecking all my things!  I decided to save a bit of money and do the moving myself - along with several happy helper friends!  Once again I hired a van from Low Cost Van Hire on Constitution Street.  I have used them several times now and find them really reasonable.  The move all in all went well, I got the keys at 11am and by 4.30pm had finished unloading everything and I was able to return the van.  Then the cleaning and unpacking began.

As I said in my first blog the house is over three levels.

Entering on the ground floor...



Downstairs via the mezzanine level....



To the basement level...



From ground floor up to the first floor...


Luckily the house had been rented prior to us purchasing it so everything (except the bathroom) was painted magnolia.  However, its my personal belief that magnolia is the devil and anyone who chooses to paint it has no style or taste.  BUT its inoffensive to a degree (although I won't be able to abide it long term).

The first room we decided to tackle was the kitchen (mainly because I found the cupboards particularly grim and because I spend a reasonable amount of time in this room)....I will post some of the after photos in my next blog along with showing you my purchases and what I have done.

Kitchen (Before) - Basement Level




No comments:

Post a Comment