Wednesday 21 September 2011

let there be light

I have a slight obsession with lights and mirrors.  I have loads of mirrors around the house and also lots of fancy light fittings.  Here are some of them...

Lounge Mirror and Chandelier
The lounge is yet to be decorated (I have dark grey plans...) but it has one of my favourite mirrors and light fittings.  I love the ceiling rose and deep cornicing in this room.  The mirror is quite large and really suits the size of the room.  I got it from Tree House Interiors a couples of years ago.  I used to live around the corner from Tree House Interiors and actually carried this mirror back myself with a recently operated on elbow....not the smartest move but I had to have it!  The chandelier is from Litecraft in Glasgow, it's the only one I have which is very traditional looking but I love it.  The room could probably take a larger light fitting (this is one from my flat) so I may upgrade sometime soon...

Lounge Chandelier

Currently on the wall in my hall this mirror from Litecraft is another favourite.  Its quite small but very chunky.  I plan to put this in the WC once it has been done up.

Chunky Silver Mirror from Litecraft
I also love my mirror which is in the kitchen and is from Alexanders in Aberdeen.

Sun inspired mirror from Alexanders
The final mirror I wanted to include was actually a mirror which my mum picked up from outside someone's house about 20 years ago - I can't believe someone was throwing it out.  We used to have this in the bathroom in our family home and I now have it in my hall.  I absolutely love it and it has great sentimental value to me.  Reflected in the mirror is the leaded stain glass of the vestibule door.

One person's trash is another's treasure
A few more light fittings...

I got these two lights from Annie Mo's in Aberdeen.  Annie Mo's is one of my favourite furniture shops and I have a lot of pieces from there - you will see me talk about it a lot!  These lights will eventually be going up in the hall.  I love the leaf detail on the edge.

Lights from Annie Mo's
I think an entrance hall should be grand and therefore I wanted a statement light fitting for my new house hallway. I went off down to Glasgow to find something suitable.  I came straight home and fitted it myself.  There are over a 100 glass balls and shapes to attach...it took a while.  But I absolutely love it.  I bought this from House of Sher in Glasgow but it is also available in Litecraft.

Entrance hall light
Finally, the light from the dining room, which I have a smaller version of in the master bedroom.  This light is again from Litecraft in Glasgow.  I really like this one as it is a bit of a modern take on the traditional chandelier.

Dining room light fitting
I recently ordered a corner sofa for in the kitchen, and have just had a 46" LED tv installed which is great for me while I am cooking.  I will post some photos of the finished kitchen once the sofa arrives - around the start of November.

The next room I will be tackling will either be the dining room or the lounge.....will keep you posted.

1 comment: